The Envision San José 2040 General Plan establishes a four-year review cycle, providing opportunity to evaluate the City’s achievement of key goals and mid-course adjustments to the General Plan. This work will be done through open, public meetings of the Envision San José 2040 Task Force and City Council.
The City is currently undergoing its second four-year review cycle from Fall 2019 to Spring 2020. To view past efforts, visit the General Plan Four-Year Review Cycle #1 (2015/2016) page.
Envision San Jose 2040 Task Force
The Envision San José 2040 Task Force was created in 2007 to assist staff with the update of the City’s General Plan. This update process ended in 2011 and resulted in the Envision San José 2040 General Plan.
The Task Force evaluates the City’s achievement of planned job goals, implementation of the Urban Village concept, environmental indicators, and affordable housing needs in the past four years and makes recommendations to City Council on mid-course adjustments to the Plan at the end of the review process.
The Envision San José 2040 Task Force reconvenes with previous members and organizations, representing a diversity of thought and perspective. Visit the Task Force Members page to see the membership.
Task Force Meetings
Task Force meetings will be held from November 2019 to fall 2020. Meeting agendas and presentations can be found on the Meeting Materials page.
**Future Meetings are TBD**
- Meeting #1: Introduction and Background on November 20, 2019
- Meeting #2: Urban Village Implementation on December 18, 2019
- Meeting #3: Housing Issues on January 30, 2020
- Meeting #4: Neighborhood Business Districts and Opportunity Housing on February 27, 2020
- Commercial Requirements for Affordable Housing Citywide (Continued discussion from January meeting)
- Opportunity Housing (Continued discussion from February meeting)
- Coyote Valley and Capacity Shifts
- Evergreen- East Hills Development Policy
- Transportation Policies (Vehicle Miles Traveled Tier II Policies)
- Summary and Next Steps
For more information, please contact GeneralPlanStaff@sanjoseca.gov with the subject line: GP 4-Year Review.