The Envision San José 2040 General Plan establishes a four-year review cycle, providing opportunity to evaluate the City’s achievement of key goals and mid-course adjustments to the General Plan. This work will be done through open, public meetings of the Envision San José 2040 Task Force and City Council.
The City is currently undergoing its second four-year review cycle from Fall 2019 to Spring 2020. To view past efforts, visit the General Plan Four-Year Review Cycle #1 (2015/2016) page.
Envision San Jose 2040 Task Force
The Envision San José 2040 Task Force was created in 2007 to assist staff with the update of the City’s General Plan. This update process ended in 2011 and resulted in the Envision San José 2040 General Plan.
The Task Force evaluates the City’s achievement of planned job goals, implementation of the Urban Village concept, environmental indicators, and affordable housing needs in the past four years and makes recommendations to City Council on mid-course adjustments to the Plan at the end of the review process.
The Envision San José 2040 Task Force reconvenes with previous members and organizations, representing a diversity of thought and perspective. Visit the Task Force Members page to see the membership.
Task Force Meetings
Task Force meetings will be held from November 2019 to April 2020. Meeting agendas and presentations can be found on the Meeting Materials page.
Time: 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (exception: May 11, 2020 and June 11, 2020 meetings will begin at 6:30 p.m.)
Location: City Hall – Wing – Rooms 118-120, 200 East Santa Clara Street
**Meeting on March 26th is cancelled**
- Meeting #1: Introduction and Background on November 20, 2019
- Meeting #2: Urban Village Implementation on December 18, 2019
- Meeting #3: Housing Issues on January 30, 2020
- Meeting #4: Neighborhood Business Districts and Opportunity/Plex/Missing Middle Housing on February 27, 2020
- Meeting #5: Coyote Valley and Capacity Shifts on
March 26, 2020April 30, 2020
- Meeting #6: Evergreen- East Hills Development Policy & Transportation Policies (Vehicle Miles Traveled Tier II Policies) on May 11, 2020
- Meeting #7: Summary and Next Steps on June 11, 2020
For more information, please contact GeneralPlanStaff@sanjoseca.gov with the subject line: GP 4-Year Review.