Urban Village Information
The development of urban villages is the fifth of 12 major strategies embodied within the Envision San José 2040 General Plan. Urban villages are walkable, bicycle-friendly, transit-oriented, mixed use settings that provide both housing and jobs. The urban village strategy fosters:
- Engagement of village area residents in the urban village planning process
- Mixed residential and employment activities that are attractive to an innovative workforce
- Revitalization of underutilized properties that have access to existing infrastructure
- Densities that support transit use, bicycling, and walking
- High-quality urban design
Learn more about the vision for urban villages with this video presentation.
Urban Village Locations
The location of each urban village was selected through the Envision San José 2040 General Plan outreach process. These areas were chosen as the strategic locations that could best accommodate growth in jobs and housing.