FILE NO. pp16-037
The project includes both physical and programmatic changes to St. James Park, an approximately 7.5-acre urban park in downtown San José. Physical changes to the park include, but are not limited to, construction or installation of a performing arts pavilion; streetscape improvements; a central plaza; small commercial buildings (e.g., cafés, vendors, or a beer garden); public restrooms (temporary portable and/or permanent); gateway monuments that include signage and lighting features; improvements to the public transit stops; an outdoor fitness cluster; an interactive water feature; temporary loading zones for park events; designated vendor spaces or food truck parking; equipment for computer/internet use throughout the park; and landscape amenities (e.g., movable furniture, bollards, benches, tree grates, etc.).
Programmatic changes to the use of the park include, but are not limited to, new music and performing arts events at the performing arts pavilion; and new commercial uses at the park (such as a café or vendors), street performers, festivals, and a farmers’ market. The project also proposes permanently vacating the segment of North 2nd Street that bisects the site (from East St. James Street to East St. John Street), which would prohibit vehicle and bus through-traffic.
St. James Park, bordered by East St. James Street to the north, East St. John Street to the south, North 1st Street to the west, and North 3rd Street to the east.
ASSESSOR'S PARCEL NUMBER
467-21-014 and 467-21-001
public comment periods
- Draft EIR Public Comment period is from May 19, 2020 to July 6, 2020.
Revised Notice of Preparation Public Comment period is from April 8, 2019 to May 8, 2019
- PP16-037 Notice of Availability for St James Project
- PP16-037 St. James Park Draft EIR
- PP16-037 Appendix A - NOP and Comment Letters 2016
- PP16-037 Appendix A - Revised NOP and Comment Letters 2019
- PP16-037 Appendix B - Air Quality and Greenhouse Gas Assessment
- PP116-037 Appendix C - Arborists Report
- PP16-037 Appendix D - Historic Resources Evaluation
- PP16-037 Appendix D - Rehabilitation Project Assessment
- PP16-037 Appendix E - Hazardous Materials Assessment
- PP16-037 Appendix F - Noise and Vibration Assessment
- PP16-037 Appendix G - Transportation Analysis
ENVIRONMENTAL PROJECT MANAGER