File Number PP09-163
Proposal to adopt the Diridon Station Area Plan (DSAP), which establishes a vision for future development of the Diridon Station and surrounding areas in response to the planned extension of the Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) to San Jose and the construction of the California High Speed Rail project (HSR). The Plan includes the following elements:
- A conceptual plan for the expansion of the existing Diridon Station and transit center to accommodate BART and HSR;
- Amendments to the Envision San Jose 2040 General Plan Transportation and Land Use Diagram;
- Transportation Improvement Strategies;
- The establishment of Design Guidelines to encourage transit and pedestrian-oriented development within an approximately half-mile radius of the Diridon Station.
The Plan also establishes an increase in development capacity within the plan area, encompassing up to 4,963,400 square feet of office/research & development/light industrial uses, 424,100 square feet of retail and restaurant uses, 2,588 residential units, and 900 hotel rooms.
Council District 6. Approximately 250 acres in the area roughly bordered by the Guadalupe River and Delmas Avenue to the east, Interstate 280 to the south, Sunol Avenue and the Caltrain railroad right-of-way to the west, and Lenzen Avenue and the Union Pacific railroad right-of-way to the north.
- Resolution 77096 Adopted by the City Council June 17, 2014
- First Amendment to the Draft EIR - Part 1: Responses to Public Comments
- First Amendment to the Draft EIR - Part 2: Edits to the Draft EIR and Notice of Preparation Comments
- First Amendment to the Draft EIR - Part 3: Public Comment Letters on the Draft EIR
- Public Comments on Draft Environmental Impact Report - February 13, 2014
- Notice of Availability
- Draft Environmental Impact Report
- Appendix A: Notice of Preparation and Public Comments
- Appendix B: Land Use Designations by Parcel
- Appendix C: Transportation Impact Analysis
- TIA Technical Appendices
- Appendix D: Noise Report
- Appendix E: Air Quality Report
- Appendix F: Hazardous Materials Information
- Notice of Preparation (Updated 10/20/2011)
For more information about the Diridon Station Area Plan and a link to the Preferred Plan, please visit the Diridon Station Area Plan page.
Addendum to the Diridon Station Area Plan FPEIR for the Fairfield at West San Carlos Project File Nos. PDC14-007 and PD14-012
The proposed Fairfield at West San Carlos Project would result in the development of a mixed-use project in the Southern Zone of the Diridon Station Area Plan, within close proximity to a Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) light rail line and associated Diridon public transit station.
The project is located on an approximately 4.7-acre site at 800-820 West San Carlos Street, San Jose, CA, 95126 (County Assessor Parcel Numbers: 264-15-002 and 264-15-062).Council District. 6.
- Signed Addendum
- Initial Study
- Appendix A: Historic Report
- Appendix B: Transportation Impact Analysis
- Associated Public Works Traffic Memo
- Appendix C: Greenhouse Gas Reduction Strategy Form
- Appendix D: Phase I Environmental Site Assessment
- Appendix E: Soil Vapor Survey Report
- Appendix F: Noise Analysis
Addendum to the Diridon Station Area Plan FPEIR for the 740/750 and 777/850 West San Carlos Street MIxed Use Projects File Nos. and Project Description
PDC14-032/PD15-028 The approximately 1.06-acre project site (APN 264-15-024 and -003) located at 740 and 750 West San Carlos Street (“740/750 site”) is currently covered with commercial and industrial uses and vehicle and materials storage associated with these uses. This project site is located on the south side of West San Carlos Street, east of Sunol Street and south of a frontage road parallel to West San Carlos Street, as shown on Figure 3. Dupont Street, northeast of the site, provides access to the frontage road. Existing Light Rail Transit (LRT) System tracks are located directly adjacent to the southeast boundary of this project site and subsequent permits
PDC14-033/PD15-023/PT 15-028 The approximately 1.3-acre project site (APNs 261-39-045 and -006) located at 777 and 815 West San Carlos Street (“777/815 site”) is currently covered with commercial, residential, and light industrial uses. This project site is located on the north side of West San Carlos Street, between Sunol and McEvoy Streets. The site has frontage on both West San Carlos and Sunol Streets. An existing alternative education high school (Sunol Community School – Santa Clara County Office of Education) is located adjacent to the northern boundary of this site, and subsequent permits