File No. PDC17-019 Race and Grand Residential Rezoning Project
Planned Development Zoning to rezone from the A(PD) Planned Development Zoning District to the A(PD) Zoning District to allow for the demolition of all buildings and structures on site and construct one of the two options: 1) 206 multi-family apartment units or 2)116 multi-family and 90 senior apartment units.
The project site is located west of Race Street, east of Grand Avenue, south of Park Avenue, and north of West San Carlos Street in the City of San José.
Please note the environmental documents below include both CEQA and NEPA documents.
Public Comment Period for IS/MND: January 12, 2018 to February 1, 2018
Public Comment Period for Environmental Assessment: January 19, 2018 to February 3, 2018
- Notice of Intent for Mitigated Negative Declaration
- Mitigated Negative Declaration
- Initial Study/Environmental Assessment - Revised
- 1/18/18: The Environmental Assessment (EA) page 149 and 183 has been revised. This change does not change the analysis or conclusion of the documents. The changes are a minor check box error (on page 149) and the date of FONSI determination (page 183). Only the two pages in the EA were changed and no changes were made to the Initial Study as part of the California Environmental Quality Act after the public circulation start period of 1/12/18 (CEQA).
- Appendix A - Air Quality Assessment
- Appendix B - Tree Assessment
- Appendix C1 - Historic Resources Report
- Appendix C2 - Section 106 Confirmation
- Appendix D - Geotechnical Engineering Investigation
- Appendix E1 - Limited Phase II Subsurface Investigation
- Appendix E2 - Phase I Environmental Site Assessment
- Appendix E3 - Additional Subsurface Investigation
- Appendix F - Noise and Vibration Assessment
- Appendix G - Transportation Impact Analysis
- Appendix H - Explosives and Fire Hazards Review
Responses to Comments
Environmental Project Manager