Land Uses of Concern
Certain land uses have the potential to create contaminated stormwater runoff. The treatment of stormwater runoff from these uses requires special consideration and treatment measures. This would include a Stormwater Control plan with specific Source Control Measures (not numerically sized) and an Installation, Operation & Maintenance plan regardless of project size or amount of new impervious area proposed for the development.
Land Uses of Concern include, but are not limited to:
- Any industrial use
- Car washing and detailing facilities
- Construction/corporation yards
- Automotive uses including but not limited to dismantling, parts recovery, and vehicle repair
- Material recycling facilities (processing, transfer and large collection facilities)
- Outdoor Storage
- Gas stations or equipment fueling
- Uncovered parking lots
- Loading docks
- Restaurant activities
- Trash and recycling areas
For more information about these uses and measures for treatment, refer to the C.3 Stormwater Handbook.