The River Street City Landmark Historic District HD96-107, listed under the theme of Architecture and Shelter for the Horticulture period (1870-1918), is located east of N. River Street with the Guadalupe River on the west, N. Almaden Boulevard and State Highway 87 on the east, W. Julian Street on the north, and the River Park and tennis courts on the south (parcels on the south side of W. St. John). This 1875-1925 workingman's neighborhood, one of the largest concentrations of Italian immigrants in California, consists of mostly residences, but also includes the Torino Hotel, Almaden French Bakery, Prindiville Grocery, and a non-contributing machine shop in a variety of styles - Italianate, Greek Revival, Queen Anne, and Mediterranean Revival. Construction of the Guadalupe River Flood Control project resulted in the demolition of 21 buildings and the relocation of nine buildings. Most of the residences have been converted to commercial use. This neighborhood is now also known as "Little Italy".