200 E. Santa Clara Street
San José, CA 95113-1905
Phone: (408) 535-8455
TTY: (408) 294-9337
San José Services & Programs for Individuals With Disabilities
It is the policy and practice of the City of San José to take all reasonable steps to ensure its services, programs and activities are accessible to all members of the public including persons with disabilities. The City of San José’s ADA Coordinator works to ensure City departments comply with this policy by carrying out the following functions:
- Provide technical assistance to support City of San José departments in complying with federal, state and local disability access laws.
- Assist departments and divisions in evaluating their facilities, programs, services, and activities to ensure provision of reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities.
- Conduct training for City of San José employees in disability awareness, disability etiquette, disability access laws, and reasonable accommodations.
- Work with and provide support to the Disability Advisory Commission.
- Facilitate the resolution of grievances filed against the City of San José that allege noncompliance with disability access laws.