Department of Transportation
200 E. Santa Clara St.
San Jose, CA 95113
Phone: (408) 535-3850
Fax: (408) 292-6092
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) provides the City Council and City Staff guidance and advice to help better accommodate the needs of bicyclists and pedestrians throughout San José.
BPAC consists of up to 11 members, all of whom are appointed by the Director of Transportation. Committee members:
- Must either work within the City or be residents of San José.
- Terms last two years, with six seats expiring in even years and five seats expiring in odd years.
- A term on BPAC runs from July 1st through June 30th of the second year.
BPAC meeting information:
- Meet approximately ten times per year, typically on the second Monday of the month
- Are open to the public, and upcoming meeting agendas and past minutes are posted here seven days before BPAC meetings
If you are interested in applying to become a BPAC member, we accept applications during May and June. If you would like an application form, or have any questions about the BPAC, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.