Department of Transportation
200 E. Santa Clara St.
San Jose, CA 95113
Phone: (408) 535-3850
Fax: (408) 292-6092
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
CALL FOR APPLICANTS
The Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee is recruiting new members for the term beginning July 2020. The deadline to apply is May 15th, 2020. If you are interested in serving on this committee, we recommend reviewing the Committee Bylaws before applying.
BPAC consists of 11 members, all of whom are appointed by the Director of Transportation.
- Members must either work in San José or be a resident of San José throughout their term.
- Terms are two year long and run from July 1st through June 30th of the second year.
- Duties of BPAC members are found in the Committee Bylaws.
The Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) provides the Department of Transportation guidance and advice to help better accommodate the needs of bicyclists and pedestrians throughout San José.
- Reviews proposed bicycle and pedestrian-related policies, programs, projects, plans, and funding applications
- Provides input on existing roadway conditions that affect bicycling and walking
- Coordinates with bicycle and walking organizations to promote projects and programs
See the Committee Bylaws here for the full duties of the Committee.
- Meetings approximately ten times per year, typically on the second Monday of the month. Beginning in fiscal year 2020-2021, meetings will be held on the fourth Monday of the month.
- All meetings are open to the public.
- Upcoming meeting agendas are posted here seven days before BPAC meetings.
Calendar and Meeting Materials