Department of Transportation
200 E. Santa Clara St.
San Jose, CA 95113
Phone: (408) 535-3850
Fax: (408) 292-6092
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Parking quick links
- Learn about reporting abandoned or illegally stored vehicles
- Pay or contest a parking ticket
- Learn about permit parking
- Learn about local parking regulations
- Learn about parking meter rates
Our parking program:
- Provides services to meet the needs of residents, businesses, employees, visitors, and schools.
- Operates and maintains the city’s public parking facilities and on-street parking meters, and various parking compliance activities.
- Provides parking compliance services to support traffic safety, street cleanliness and maintenance activities.
- Encourages turnover of on-street spaces in business districts.
- Enhances our neighborhood by the removal of vehicles abandoned or stored in the public right-of-way.
- Oversees the collection of fines from parking citations and the administrative review process for contested citations.