Department of Transportation
200 E. Santa Clara St.
San Jose, CA 95113
Phone: (408) 535-3850
Fax: (408) 292-6092
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The parking compliance program:
- Enforces posted parking regulations in an effort to improve compliance with local and state parking regulations.
- Parking may be restricted for safety reasons, near a crosswalks, intersection, and on narrow or high volume roadways.
- There may be parking time limits set to support the needs of businesses; or parking may be reserved for special uses, such as individuals with disabilities and bus zones.
- When vehicles are parked in violation of a posted regulation, a parking citation may be issued.
To learn more about common parking violations and tips on how to avoid parking citations please review these commonly violated parking regulations. If you have questions, please contact Parking Compliance.
Our staff primarily provide enforcement for:
- School zones
- Meter and other time restricted zones
- Freight and passenger loading zones
- No parking/stopping zones
- Disabled parking spaces
- Residential permit parking zones
- Fire hydrants
Support services are also provided during special events, or scheduled street maintenance or cleaning.
Request Enforcement Services
If you would like to make a service request, please call (408) 277-8900.