Department of Transportation
200 E. Santa Clara St.
San Jose, CA 95113
Phone: (408) 535-3850
Fax: (408) 292-6092
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Implementing intelligent transportation systems assists us in improving transportation safety and mobility for you.
Transportation Incident Management Center (TiMC)
We have a state of the art center that:
- Enhances the city's ability to manage its transportation facilities
- Provides a means for improving transportation mobility along the region's highways and major arterial by integrating arterial and freeway management services across Santa Clara County and its neighboring cities
- Provides a central location for real time travel information sharing
- Assists incident and emergency response coordination
- Provides access to data and video from our field devices
Regional Intelligent Transportation Systems
The Silicon Valley ITS (SV-ITS) program implements real-time transportation management measures through the use of technologies to collect real-time data that helps with:
- Processing of data
- Delivering information to travelers
- Adjust traffic management devices and activities to reflect changing traffic conditions
The program also develops procedures and measures to:
- Coordinate traffic management activities
- Reduce travel demand
- Address freeway incidents
- Encourage use of alternative modes of travel between the following program partner agencies.
- Cities of Campbell, Cupertino, Fremont, Milpitas, San José, and Santa Clara
- Town of Los Gatos
- County of Santa Clara
- Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA)
- California Department of Transportation (Caltrans)
- California State Highway Patrol (CHP)
- Metropolitan Transportation Committee (MTC)