Department of Transportation
200 E. Santa Clara St.
San Jose, CA 95113
Phone: (408) 535-3850
Fax: (408) 292-6092
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Report exposed wires or damaged poles immediately at (408) 794-1900.
To report a streetlight malfunction:
- Use our Service Request form or download the My San Jose application
- Call (408) 794-1903 during business hours
Please allow seven to 14 working days for completion of the streetlight repair.
If you are reporting after hours, during the weekend, or on holidays, please submit an online service request or leave a voice mail with complete details and your contact information.
If the situation is urgent, such as exposed wires or a damaged pole, please call (408) 277-8956.
Please include the following with your report.
- Streetlight pole number (if safely viewable), located on street light poles at eye level facing the street (an alphabet letter is located in the middle of the number)
- Street name and address where the streetlight is located. Indicate if the pole is in front of, across from, or in-between the address given
- Nearest cross street
- Your name and contact number