Department of Transportation
200 E. Santa Clara St.
San Jose, CA 95113
Phone: (408) 535-3850
Fax: (408) 292-6092
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Interested in taking transit to get around the San José area? The following transit services can get you into, out of, and through the city by bus or train:
- Altamont Corridor Express (ACE): Rail service connecting San José and Stockton.
- Caltrain: Rail service connecting Gilroy and San Francisco, with stops at San José, Peninsula cities, and SFO airport.
- Capitol Corridor: Rail service connecting San José and Sacramento and cities beyond.
- Greyhound: Bus service connecting San José to cities across the state and nation.
- Megabus: City-to-city express bus service with routes to Los Angeles and Anaheim
- Valley Transportation Authority (VTA): Bus and light rail throughout Santa Clara County.
Regional Rail Projects
We work together with the neighboring cities and local, regional, and state transit agencies to deliver projects that give San José residents and visitors more transportation options. Several projects are being planned or are currently under construction in the city:
- BART Silicon Valley
- Caltrain Peninsula Corridor Electrification
- California High Speed Rail
- Diridon Station
- SJC Airport-Diridon-Stevens Creek Connector RFI