We plan for San José’s future transportation needs, ensuring all our projects all live up to our department’s priorities of Safety, Complete Streets, Quality Infrastructure, Innovation, and People.
- Complete Streets Design Standards and Guidelines: Provide guidance and best practices for developers and the City to build streets that safety accommodate walkers, bikers, and transit takers in addition to vehicle drivers.
- Downtown Transportation Plan: Like the Multimodal Transportation Improvement Plans, the Downtown Transportation Plan will provide a prioritized list of projects.
- Multimodal Transportation Improvement Plans (East San José and West San José): These plans will add detail to several Urban Village Plans’ transportation priorities. They will result in prioritized lists of transportation improvements that can then be designed and built.
- San José Access and Mobility Plan: This plan will lay out a set of strategies to bring the bold transportation goals of Envision 2040 San José General Plan and Climate Smart San José to life.
- Our Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT) Evaluation Tool helps developers and planners understand the environmental impact of the vehicle trips generated by projects.
- Download the San José Transportation Analysis Handbook for guidance on preparation of transportation analysis reports for development projects, transportation projects, and General Plan amendments.
Our transportation planning is guided by policies that make sure we deliver quality projects, consistently.
- I-280 Winchester Boulevard Transportation Development Policy
- Communications Hill Specific Plan - Area Development Policy
- Edenvale Area Development Policy
- Evergreen Area Development Policy
- North San José Area Development Policy
- North San José Deficiency Plan
- US-101 / Oakland / Mabury Area Development Policy
- US-101 / Oakland / Mabury Area Development Policy - Industrial Trip Credits