Phone: (408) 535-8550
Explore the resources below to green your home and live a healthier and more sustainable lifestyle.
Recycling & Garbage
- Learn how to recycle right.
- Waste prevention tips
- Free junk pickup of large items like furniture and appliances
- Free household hazardous waste disposal (batteries, CFLs, paint, pesticides and more)
- Learn about your garbage & recycling services.
- Learn about financing options for energy and water efficiency upgrades.
- Check out a DIY Home Energy Saving Toolkit for free from your local library to learn how you can save energy and water in your home.
- Energy efficiency resources from Silicon Valley Energy Watch: home audits, retrofit services, rebates & financial assistance
- San José's water use rules are in effect at all times, regardless of water supply conditions.
- Learn how to find water leaks.
- Get water saving tips.
- Report water waste in Santa Clara County.
- If you are a San Jose Municipal Water System customer, get free water-saving shower heads and faucet aerators.
Gardening & Composting
- Learn how to compost in your home and where to purchase discounted bins.
- Explore healthier alternatives to pesticide use.
- Need inspiration? Visit demonstration gardens or view garden designs.
- Attend a workshop or class on sustainable gardening or composting.
Preventing Water Pollution
- Learn how to prevent water pollution from the following items and activities: medicine, fats, oils, grease, household cleaners, disposable wipes, pet waste, pools, pesticides, car maintenance, and more.