San Jose Drop-off Bin Locations
Don't flush unused or expired medicines down the toilet, the drain, or put in the garbage. Find a free drop-off bin near you.
- Kaiser: 260 International Circle
- Friendly Pharmacy One: 485 Lewis Rd #D
- Senter Pharmacy: 2643 Senter Rd #A
- Evergreen Pharmacy: 2365 Quimby Rd #150
- Evergreen Pharmacy: 2690 S White Rd
- Medex Pharmacy: 405 E Santa Clara St.
- Bascom Pharmacy: 105 N Bascom Ave #101
- Savco Pharmacy: 455 O'Connor Drive #190
- Santa Clara Co. Sheriff's Office: 55 West Younger Ave
- NEMS Lundy Pharmacy: 1870 Lundy Ave
- iCare Pharmacy: 1727 Berryessa Rd
- Alum Rock Pharmacy: 1855 Alum Rock Ave #A
- Los Alamitos Pharmacy: 115 North Jackson Ave #130
- Jackson Medical Pharmacy: 266 N Jackson Ave #8
- Kings Pharmacy: 2323 Montpelier Dr
- Creekside Pharmacy: 1863 Alum Rock Ave #A
When unused or expired pharmaceuticals, or medicines, are disposed of down the drain or flushed down the toilet, they flow through the sanitary sewer system to the San José-Santa Clara Regional Wastewater Facility (Facility). The Facility was not designed to remove all pharmaceutical compounds, so trace amounts may pass through the Facility and be released into the Bay.
The major concerns to date regarding the presence of medications in surface water bodies have been interference with growth and reproduction in aquatic organisms such as fish and frogs, and increased bacterial resistance to antibiotics in humans.
Prescription drugs such as antibiotics, antidepressants, and hormones and over-the-counter medications, antiseptics, and veterinary medicines are all considered to be pharmaceuticals.