Award-Winning Recycling & Garbage Service
San José businesses receive garbage service from an award-winning collection and processing system that achieves one of the highest recycling rates in the country and enables all businesses to meet the state’s recycling laws.
Republic Services has an agreement with the City of San José to collect garbage, recyclables, and organics from all businesses.
For waste services not included in Republic’s agreement, businesses can choose a City-approved non-exclusive hauler.
Revolutionary Waste System
Republic’s innovative wet/dry system has nearly tripled the business recycling rate – from less than 25% to over 70% - since it started in 2012.
The Wet/Dry system views all waste as a resource. San José businesses receive “Wet” collection service for organics, such as food waste, and “Dry” collection service for recyclables and everything else. All waste is sorted locally at the most advanced materials recovery facility in the world – the Newby Island Resource Recovery Park (NIRRP).
- Recyclable materials are captured for reuse, diverting them from landfill.
- Organic material is taken to a Zero-Waste Energy Development facility where it is put through an anaerobic digestion process, ultimately producing electricity and compost.
Benefits to Businesses
- Compliance with state recycling laws
- Manage your account anywhere and at any time using the Republic Services’ My Resource app
- Dedicated representatives are available to provide recycling assistance to your business
- The wet/dry system meets LEED and ISO 14001 environmental management standards
- Reduced noise and pollution through new compressed natural gas trucks
Tell Us What You Think
Please let us know your thoughts by completing this survey.
For information about self-hauling or shared service please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions or concerns about the Republic Services franchise agreement or recycling services for your business, please email email@example.com or call (408) 535-8550.