STEP 1 See the list of acceptable junk items.
STEP 2 Enter your address in the Residential Services Lookup map to find your Recycling Company (they will pick up your junk).
STEP 3 Call the recycling company to schedule your appointment. Have ready the list of items you want to get rid of.
STEP 4 Set out your items up to 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
Important Junk Pickup program information:Set out your items up to 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
- All Junk Pickup items must be generated from your home.
- Follow the list of acceptable Junk Pickup items and set out instructions. This is important for items such as carpet, scrap lumber, or appliances.
- Your recycling company does not accept junk items at their facilities. Call to make a Junk pickup appointment.
- Have Construction and Demolition (C&D) material? Choose from the list of authorized haulers to collect C&D material.
- Businesses can visit recyclestuff.org to find a hauler or debris box service.
- Report and prevent illegal dumping.
- Wondering how to recycle a particular item? ESD’s new recycling website – SanJoseRecycles.org – can help!