|Recycling & Garbage Collection Services||Yard Trimmings Collection & Street Sweeping|
GreenTeam of San Jose
Collection occurs Monday through Friday between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. Frequency varies by complex; contact your property manager for details.
Collection occurs on all holidays except Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day. If these holidays occur Monday through Friday, collection will be one day later throughout the rest of that week.
If your garbage, recycling or yard trimmings are not picked up by 6 p.m., contact the hauler directly.
Garbage and Recycling
Place garbage in the green dumpster and recyclables in the white bin or blue carts. Bins and carts must always be accessible for easy collection by the hauling trucks – never block the bins or carts with your vehicle, old furniture, or other oversized items.
Yard Trimming Piles
- Yard trimmings collection varies by complex; contact your property manager for details.
- Remember to avoid parking on top of yard trimmings piles in the street and keep yard trimmings out of the recycling and garbage containers.
- Piles should be less than 5’ x 5’, placed at least 1’ from the curb and 5’ from carts, cars and additional piles.
Contact GreenTeam to request free, multilingual posters and container labels or to order one-page recycling guides or booklets for residents in bulk (available in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese).
- Contact GreenTeam to schedule free junk pickup appointments for items such as sofas, mattresses, televisions, and computers.
- Contact your property manager about:
- Illegal dumping on premises (read our illegal dumping FAQs for residents)
- Missed collection
- Overflowing dumpsters, bins, and carts
- Broken dumpsters, bins, and carts
For Property Owners/Managers
- Read our Illegal Dumping FAQs for Property Owners/Managers
- Tenant Garbage and Recycling Letter: Fill in and print/email this letter for move-ins, move-outs, annual notifications, or newsletter inserts:
Garbage rates include once-a-week collection of recycling bins or carts.
Your monthly service fee is based on:
- The frequency of collection.
- The number and sizes of all the garbage dumpsters in use at your complex.
The distances and numbers of containers (garbage or recycling) that need to be pushed by the driver into an accessible position for collection.