Customer Service Center
200 E. Santa Clara St.
1st Floor Tower
San José, CA 95113
Phone: (408) 535-3500
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Water Service in San José
There are three water retailers in San José, each with their own service areas:
- San José Municipal Water System, owned and operated by the City of San José
- San Jose Water Company, privately owned and regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission
- Great Oaks Water Company, privately owned and regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission
There are many ways to pay your Municipal Water System water bill:
- Online: To pay your bill online, or sign up for automatic or recurring payments, use E-Bill Express. By following this link, you will leave the City of San José website. Have your customer and account number from your bill statement ready.
- Phone: Call (866) 551-5253. Available 24/7.
- Other: View other payment options.
How to Read Your Bill
- Sample San Jose Municipal Bill in English
- Sample San Jose Municipal Bill in Spanish
- Sample San Jose Municipal Bill in Vietnamese
Curious how your water use compares to your neighbor’s? Find out by signing up for free home water reports.
Open or Close Account
To open or close an account, contact Customer Service:
- Phone: (408) 535-3500
- In person (Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.): 200 E. Santa Clara St., 1st Floor Tower, San José, CA 95113
Services for New Construction
Water from public hydrants can be used for construction by using a temporary hydrant meter. Learn how to get a temporary hydrant meter.
Learn the process for new water service connection.
Adding a fire sprinkler system or designing a new development? Use the Water Pressure Request Form to get water flow data at your site.