Explore a Career at the San JosE-Santa Clara Regional Wastewater Facility
Join the Regional Wastewater Facility’s award-winning team and work hand-in-hand with operations and maintenance, engineering and consultant staff to rebuild and improve the Facility. This is an exciting and necessary project that stands among the largest public works efforts in the history of the South Bay, on par with building the Mineta-San José International Airport.
Evergreen Valley College and the City of San José Environmental Services Department are partnering to offer a Wastewater Treatment course for the 2019 Fall semester. View the course flyer to learn more.
The Facility’s draft master plan, currently undergoing environmental review, envisions approximately $2 billion of investments over the next 30 years. These investments target the Facility’s aging electrical, mechanical, and structural assets. More than 100 capital improvement projects totaling approximately $1 billion are identified for construction over the next 10 to 15 years. These will significantly improve the treatment process, management of bio-solids, power generation, electrical systems, advanced process control and automation, and the Facility site.
Why work at a wastewater facility?
- Wastewater treatment is an essential service that protects the community, environment, and economy.
- A growing population and increased demand for wastewater treatment services will drive employment growth.
- Opportunities exist to apply biological, chemical and mechanical theory to practical applications, and problem-solving.
To learn more, visit Baywork, a consortium of San Francisco Bay Area water and wastewater utilities working together to ensure workforce reliability.
Why work at the San José-Santa Clara Regional Wastewater Facility?
- The Facility is the largest advanced wastewater treatment facility in the western United States, offering an exciting scale of operation and a team of approximately 200 employees.
- The Facility offers a supportive, family-oriented atmosphere, encourages career growth and continuous learning, and provides competitive salaries and benefits.
- We are investing $1 billion in improvements and new technologies over the next 15 years; we're investing in our team of passionate workers as well.
- The Facility is located at the Bay shoreline adjacent to the Don Edwards wildlife refuge, where wildlife and migratory bird species are a common part of the outdoor scenery.
We need qualified entry-level and seasoned professionals. View the Facility’s job titles and specifications.
San José employees are passionate about what they do for the community. Watch our video.
For more information: