The Septic Tank and Portable Toilet Haulers Program at the San José - Santa Clara Regional Wastewater Facility (RWF) accepts only domestic wastes originating from sanitary uses, specifically septic tanks and portable toilets from homes and businesses.
Where Can I Find Additional Information on the Portable Toilet and Septic Hauler Program?
- Detailed regulatory and permitting information is on our Portable Toilet and Septic Hauler Fact Sheet.
- For questions regarding the City of San José Receiving Station Use Permit, call (408) 945-3000.
- For questions regarding the Department of Environmental Health Permit, call (408) 918-1961.
- For additional questions about the RWF's Septic Tank and Portable Toilet Haulers Program, call (408) 945-3000.
Septic Hauler Regulations
Septic Haulers must comply with the San José Municipal Code Chapter 9.08. Failure to comply may result in permit revocation, suspension, or enforcement. Any spills occurring on the RWF's premises must be reported immediately to (408) 887-4070. Refer to the Portable Toilet and Septic Hauler Fact Sheet for additional requirements and information or call (408) 945-3000.
Septic Haulers must have valid permits from both the Santa Clara County Department of Environmental Health (DEH) and the City of San José. The City of San José Receiving Station Use Permit is valid for 3 years and must be renewed 30 days prior to the expiration date.
How Do I Obtain the Necessary Permits?
To Obtain the Santa Clara Department of Environmental Health (DEH) Permit
Call the Department of Environmental Health Solid Waste Program at (408) 918-1961 to schedule an appointment to have your vehicle inspected and submit an Environmental Health Permit Application.
The Department of Environmental Health Septic Tank, Chemical Toilet and Grease Waste Pumper Management provides additional information.
To Obtain the City of San José Receiving Station Use Permit
Call the City of San José's Environmental Services Department, Watershed Protection Division at (408) 945-3000 to schedule an appointment to review and submit the following:
- A copy of your Environmental Health Permit (from above) (Santa Clara County DEH application).
- A completed Receiving Station Use Permit Application (City of San José application).
- Proof of insurance that meets the City of San José Receiving Station Use Permittee Insurance Requirements.
- Cash deposit of $2,500 or a corporate surety bond, payable to the City of San José.
- A completed Business Tax Certificate Application.
- A list of drivers for each of your vehicles and a copy of the driver's license for each new driver.
Current Delivery and Disposal Fees
|Load Description||Fee Per Load|
|Loads collected within the Tributary Area||$7.50 plus 1/2 cent per gallon|
|Loads collected outside the Tributary Area but within the Ultimate Tributary Area||$15.00 plus $0.01 per gallon|
|Mixed loads (a single load collected from both the Tributary Area and Ultimate Tributary Area)||$15.00 plus $0.01 per gallon|
For information about our Tributary Areas, please refer to the Portable Toilet and Septic Hauler Fact Sheet.
Septic Tank Pumpers and Haulers
These listings are provided as a courtesy, and are not a complete list of all the suppliers of this type of service. It is the responsibility of the person who is hiring any of these companies to verify their qualifications and references as well as their compliance with regulations on handling and transporting wastes. It is in no way implied or understood that the City of San José Environmental Services Department endorses these companies or their quality of work.
|A-1 Septic Tank Services||(510) 886-4455||www.a1tank.net|
|Aaron's Septic Tank Service||(408) 371-2350||Not available|
|Able Septic Tank Service||(408) 377-9990||www.ableseptic.com|
|California Site Services||(800) 682-3449||www.calsiteservices.com|
|Crown Sanitation||(831) 638-0290||Not available|
|Morton Septic Services, Inc.||(408) 842-2942||www.mortonsepticservice.com|
|Nor Cal Portable Services, Inc.||(888) 689-0186||www.norcalportableservices.com|
|United Site Services||(408) 284-4440||www.unitedsiteservices.com|
|Valley Services||(408) 297-5404||www.valleyservices.biz|
|Waste Management Portable Services||(925) 935-8900||www.wm.com|